Every weekend in New Buffalo holds the opportunity for something new. We host a variety of special events throughout the year — from street festivals and blockbuster art shows to fireworks on the water and exciting sports like Great Lakes surfing.
• Art Attack 2017 Apr 28 - April 30, 2017: Join the excitement of the Midwest's most eclectic, interactive celebration of "All that is Art". Enjoy a full palette of colorful activities featuring a weekend showcase of gallery receptions, artist’s demonstrations, exhibitions, theatre, music, wine tasting, open houses and an overall great time! For more info, call (269) 469-5409.
• Open-Air European Farmers Market May 20 - Oct 8, 2017: Scheduled from 9 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. every Saturday and Sunday at the corner of Red Arrow Highway and Lakeshore Road in New Buffalo (Skip's Restaurant Parking Lot). The market is the place for everything natural and created by artisans: produce, fresh-cut restaurant-grade steaks, art, jewelry, photography, breads, pastries, coffees, lattes, smoothies, concrete garden art, clothing, candles, soaps, flowers and so much more.
• St. Mary of the Lake Festival May 25 - May 29, 2016: This Festival festival is the official start to summer activities in New Buffalo and annual fundraiser for St Mary of the Lake School. Food, rides, games, silent auction, and live music — fun for the entire family.
• Memorial Day Parade May 29, 2017: Annual tribute to Veterans. Parade leaves downtown New Buffalo and proceeds along US-12 to the Cemetery where a memorial service is conducted. Line-up will begin at City Hall at 9:00 a.m. with the parade kicking off at 10:00 a.m.
• Thursday Night Farmers Market June 1, 2017 thru September 7, 2017: Every Thursday night (4pm - 8pm / weather permitting) enjoy the Farmers Market offering different vendors each week including: produce, meats/seafood, artisan cheeses, baked goods/desserts, artists, crafts, food vendors, clothing, antiques, services, and live entertainment (5-7pm). Featuring food trucks for Thursday night dinners too! Free to the public, ATM on-site, and public restrooms available.
• Classic Car Cruises June 7, 2017 to August 2, 2017: Enjoy a summer night in downtown New Buffalo with over 40 classic and vintage cars on display. Located on N. Whittaker Street in New Buffalo. 6 - 9PM (EST). 1st Wednesday of each month June - Aug, weather permitting. Free to the public, pet and child friendly! Car owners: Free to join, no prior sign sign up needed.
• Music in the Park June 14 - September 13, 2017: Live music featuring local and nearby talent at the Band shell in the New Buffalo Township Memorial Park - 17425 Red Arrow Hwy. Discounted food from local vendors/restaurants available starting at 6:30pm (cash only). Music @ 7:00 - 9:00 pm (EST). A splash pad available for children, and bocce ball 7#150; for any age. Seating available but lawn chairs/blankets welcome. The park is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and a pet-free environment. Limited parking.
• Big Smiles 5K Run July 1, 2017: Annual Big Smiles 5k run / walk @ 8-11am – Lions Park (registration and fee required. ) Over 300 runners / walkers expected. Proceeds as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, go directly to The Dreaming Big Fund and The Logan Center. Help us put big smiles on the faces of children with autism and their families in the New Buffalo area. For registration info and additional information, please visit bigsmiles5k.com
• Independence Day Fireworks July 3, 2017: Independence Day FIREWORKS and Concert by the LaPorte Symphony at Lions Park (free admission) - 7pm-midnight.
• Corn & Sausage Roast August 5, 2017: Food, drink and entertainment in a family-friendly atmosphere on the doorstep of the New Buffalo Yacht Club. Starts at noon. For more information call (269) 469-9808.
• Ship and Shore Festival August 11,12,13, 2017: Celebrate 33 years of this beachtown festival, in downtown New Buffalo. The main street closes down to traffic but opens to art/craft vendors, food, kids activities, great beer, wine and non-stop live music! At night the shore comes alive with a lighted boat parade and fireworks to light up the sky! $5 entry donation - Kids under 12 FREE! Friday: 6pm-midnight, Saturday:10am-midnight, Sunday: noon-6pm For more info call 888-660-6222.
• Apple Cider Century Bicycle Tour September 24, 2016 Nationally recognized recreational 25, 50, 75 and 100-mile bicycle tour in neighboring Three Oaks, Michigan. Safe fun time for all participants. Advance registration is required by calling (269) 756-3361
• Harvest & Wine Festival October 7, 2017: In celebration of the harvest in Southwest Michigan, this one-day event boasts all day live music and the best wines from several local vineyards along with several craft beers, all under one roof! Local food vendors, horse drawn hayrides through New Buffalo, kid’s art activities and unique craft exhibitors round out this annual event. Come rain or shine, the event is tented so you can come out and stay all day! $5 admission per adult at the gate, kids under 12 are free! Noon - 10pm.
• Harvest Days Chili Cook-off October 8, 2017: Annual Harvest Days Chili Cook-off @ corner of Red Arrow Highway and Lakeshore Road in New Buffalo (Skip's Restaurant) from 1-5pm. The Chili Cook-off will feature some hot competition this year when 11 teams prepare their best chili, hoping to win the coveted Best Chili Award.
This is the last day for Skip's outdoor Farmers Market. The market will remain open during the chili cook-off, which opens to the public at 1 p.m. and ends at 4 p.m. - or whenever the chili runs out. There is a $10 entrance fee to the cook-off; children 6 to 12 are half price and children under 6 are free. For more information about the cook-off, call Skip’s at (269) 469-3341.
• Fall Arts & Crafts Show October 14, 2017: More than 90 arts and crafts booths, baked goodies and luncheon foods will be for sale from 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. A great place to get a jump on the holidays. Located at New Buffalo High School Gym. Food and bake sale available. Sponsored by the New Buffalo Service League. Admission: $1. Call (269) 469-3180 for the details.
• Frank Caliendo March 3, 2017: Comedian, actor, and impressionist Frank Caliendo will perform at the Silver Creek Event Center. Showtime: 9pm. Ticket prices start at $40 plus applicable fees exclusively through Ticketmaster.
• 38 SPECIAL March 10, 2016: 38 SPECIAL will perform at the Silver Creek Event Center. Showtime 9 p.m. (EST) Ticket prices for the concert start at $25 plus applicable fees and are available exclusively through Ticketmaster.
• The O'Jays in Concert April 29, 2017: The O'Jays will will perform at the Silver Creek Event Center. Showtime: 9pm (EST). Ticket prices start at $50 plus applicable fees and are available exclusively through Ticketmaster.
• Buddy Guy May 12, 2017: Buddy Guy will perform the Silver Creek Event Center. Showtime is 9 p.m.(EST). Ticket prices for the concert start at $40 plus applicable fees are available exclusively through Ticketmaster.
• George Thorogood in Concert May 26, 2017: George Thorogood & The Destroyers will perform at the Silver Creek Event Center. Showtime is 9 p.m.(EST) Ticket prices for the concert start at $25 plus applicable fees and are available exclusively through Ticketmaster.
• Beach Boys June 30, 2017: The Beach Boys will perform at the Silver Creek Event Center. Showtime: 9 p.m.(EST). Tickets are sold exclusively through Ticketmaster. Ticket prices start at $49 plus applicable fees.
• I Love the 90’s Tour July 15, 2017: 'I Love the 90’s Tour' will perform at the Silver Creek Event Center. Showtime 9 p.m.
Ticket prices start at $90 plus applicable fees and re available exclusively through Ticketmaster.
• Goodwill Donation Center Goodwill of Southwest Michigan operates a donation center at 601 West Buffalo Street.
Drop off/Collection Hours:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 12:30PM to 5:30PM
Tuesday, Thursday: Closed
Saturday-Sunday: 11:00AM to 4:00PM
• Library Programs Saturday, March 4, 2017 @ 7:00 p.m. Sky Watch at the Library
Learn the secrets of the New Buffalo night skies with Mike Latus, a retired math and physics teacher and current explorer guide at Warren Dunes State Park.
From the library's patio, we will look at the moon, planets, shooting stars and satellites. Inside, Mike will teach you how to explore the night sky and show you how to make and use a planisphere. This is an event that can be enjoyed by the entire family! Please come dressed appropriate, please note this event is weather permitting.
Tuesday, March 21, 2017 @ 6:30 p.m. The Basics of Buddhism
Lake Michigan College instructor David Tidwell will be at the library to present Buddhism, the world’s fourth-largest religion. Very little was known regarding Buddhism in the West until the 19th Century. By the late 20th Century, Mindfulness Meditation (from the original Eightfold Path) had influenced psychotherapy in the West and elsewhere. We will examine the original teachings of Theravada Buddhism (Traditions of the Elders), and compare it to Mahayana Buddhism (The Greater Vehicle).
Tuesday, April 18th @ 6:30 p.m. The Day Lincoln Died
April 2017 marks the 152nd anniversary of President Abraham Lincoln’s assassination. This presentation looks at the motives behind the murder, the manhunt for the conspirators, the assassination’s impact on American politics, and the resulting iconic worship of a fallen statesman. Presented by Tim Moore of Lake Michigan College.
• Farmer's Market Open 7 days a week 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. May - October bringing a complete array of fresh produce from local farms! Located at 910 W Buffalo St (Next to Promeny Café | Across from Rios)
• Hazardous Materials Disposal/Recycling Day June 17, 2016: Saturday, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., NEW BUFFALO TOWNSHIP FIRE DEPARTMENT, 17655 Clay Street, near the Rt. 12/Red Arrow Hwy/Clay St. intersection, New Buffalo.
For a complete list of accepted items go to www.berriencounty.org/recycle, click "Household Hazardous Waste Collections." View the County Recycling Guide online. For more information, call Jill Adams, county environmental specialist, at 269-983-7111 ext. 8234.
• Kids Beach Camps June 26 - August 4, 2017: Third Coast Surf Shop hosts weekly beach camps for kids ages 8-12 at the New Buffalo Public Beach Monday - Friday, 8-noon. Reservations are required. Each 5-Day Camp is $195 for the first child and $165 for each additional child. For reservations and details, call (269) 932-4575 or visit ThirdCoastSurfShop.com
Note: While NewBuffalo.com makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of this data, we cannot be held responsible for changes in dates, venues, etc.