Every weekend in New Buffalo holds the opportunity for something new. We host a variety of special events throughout the year — from street festivals and blockbuster art shows to fireworks on the water and exciting sports like Great Lakes surfing.
• Open-Air European Farmers Market May 20 - Oct 8, 2017: Scheduled from 9 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. every Saturday and Sunday at the corner of Red Arrow Highway and Lakeshore Road in New Buffalo (Skip's Restaurant Parking Lot). The market is the place for everything natural and created by artisans: produce, fresh-cut restaurant-grade steaks, art, jewelry, photography, breads, pastries, coffees, lattes, smoothies, concrete garden art, clothing, candles, soaps, flowers and so much more.
• Thursday Night Farmers Market June 1, 2017 thru September 7, 2017: Every Thursday night (4pm - 8pm / weather permitting) enjoy the Farmers Market offering different vendors each week including: produce, meats/seafood, artisan cheeses, baked goods/desserts, artists, crafts, food vendors, clothing, antiques, services, and live entertainment (5-7pm). Featuring food trucks for Thursday night dinners too! Free to the public, ATM on-site, and public restrooms available.
• Classic Car Cruises June 7, 2017 to August 2, 2017: Enjoy a summer night in downtown New Buffalo with over 40 classic and vintage cars on display. Located on N. Whittaker Street in New Buffalo. 6 - 9PM (EST). 1st Wednesday of each month June - Aug, weather permitting. Free to the public, pet and child friendly! Car owners: Free to join, no prior sign sign up needed.
• Music in the Park June 14 - September 13, 2017: Every Wednesday evening, live music featuring local and nearby talent at the Band shell in the New Buffalo Township Memorial Park - 17425 Red Arrow Hwy. Discounted food from local vendors/restaurants available starting at 6:30pm (cash only). Music @ 7:00 - 9:00 pm (EST). A splash pad available for children, and bocce ball 7#150; for any age. Seating available but lawn chairs/blankets welcome. The park is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and a pet-free environment. Limited parking.
performers and food providers are: June 14 - Blue Ice (Villa Nova Pizza); June 21 - Jackson Band (Rios); June 28 - Generation Gap (Lakehouse Pub); July 5 - Brence Jackson; July 12 - The Snyders (Marios); July 19 - Gerry Hundt Trio; July 26 - Keith Scott Blues Experience (Buffalo Bills); Aug. 2 - Andrew Fisher Quartet (Daves); Aug. 9 - Johnny Jackson & Co. (Song); Aug. 16 - In Like Flynn; Aug. 23 - Chester Brown; Aug. 30 - High Life; Sept. 6 - Sypian Family Band; Sept. 13 - Open Mic with Generation Gap (Mildas).
• Big Smiles 5K Run July 1, 2017: Annual Big Smiles 5k run / walk @ 8-11am – Lions Park (registration and fee required. ) Over 300 runners / walkers expected. Proceeds as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, go directly to The Dreaming Big Fund and The Logan Center. Help us put big smiles on the faces of children with autism and their families in the New Buffalo area. For registration info and additional information, please visit bigsmiles5k.com
• Independence Day Fireworks July 3, 2017: Independence Day FIREWORKS and Concert by the LaPorte Symphony at Lions Park (free admission) - 7pm-midnight.
• Corn & Sausage Roast August 5, 2017: Food, drink and entertainment in a family-friendly atmosphere on the doorstep of the New Buffalo Yacht Club. Starts at noon. For more information call (269) 469-9808.
• Ship and Shore Festival August 11,12,13, 2017: Celebrate 33 years of this beachtown festival, in downtown New Buffalo. The main street closes down to traffic but opens to art/craft vendors, food, kids activities, great beer, wine and non-stop live music! At night the shore comes alive with a lighted boat parade and fireworks to light up the sky! $5 entry donation - Kids under 12 FREE! Friday: 6pm-midnight, Saturday:10am-midnight, Sunday: noon-6pm For more info call 888-660-6222.
• Michigan's Longest Garage Sale August 11 - 13, 2017: Michigan's longest yard sale held every year during the second week of August is on U.S. 12 from New Buffalo to Detroit. The highway, nation's second oldest, stretches along an old Native American trail. It is one of 16 Michigan Heritage Routes, designated by the State Legislature to preserve the state's historic highways. The yard sale has been an annual event since 2003. For more information and an online, interactive map showing sale locations, visit www.us12heritagetrail.org
• Apple Cider Century Bicycle Tour September 24, 2016 Nationally recognized recreational 25, 50, 75 and 100-mile bicycle tour in neighboring Three Oaks, Michigan. Safe fun time for all participants. Advance registration is required by calling (269) 756-3361
• Harvest & Wine Festival October 7, 2017: In celebration of the harvest in Southwest Michigan, this one-day event boasts all day live music and the best wines from several local vineyards along with several craft beers, all under one roof! Local food vendors, horse drawn hayrides through New Buffalo, kid’s art activities and unique craft exhibitors round out this annual event. Come rain or shine, the event is tented so you can come out and stay all day! $5 admission per adult at the gate, kids under 12 are free! Noon - 10pm.
• Harvest Days Chili Cook-off October 8, 2017: Annual Harvest Days Chili Cook-off @ corner of Red Arrow Highway and Lakeshore Road in New Buffalo (Skip's Restaurant) from 1-5pm. The Chili Cook-off will feature some hot competition this year when 11 teams prepare their best chili, hoping to win the coveted Best Chili Award.
This is the last day for Skip's outdoor Farmers Market. The market will remain open during the chili cook-off, which opens to the public at 1 p.m. and ends at 4 p.m. - or whenever the chili runs out. There is a $10 entrance fee to the cook-off; children 6 to 12 are half price and children under 6 are free. For more information about the cook-off, call Skip’s at (269) 469-3341.
• Fall Arts & Crafts Show October 21, 2017: More than 90 arts and crafts booths, baked goodies and luncheon foods will be for sale from 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. A great place to get a jump on the holidays. Located at New Buffalo High School Gym. Food and bake sale available. Sponsored by the New Buffalo Service League. Admission: $1. Call (269)469-1364 for more information.
• Beach Boys June 30, 2017: The Beach Boys will perform at the Silver Creek Event Center. Showtime: 9 p.m.(EST). Tickets are sold exclusively through Ticketmaster. Ticket prices start at $49 plus applicable fees.
• I Love the 90’s Tour July 15, 2017: 'I Love the 90’s Tour' will perform at the Silver Creek Event Center. Showtime 9 p.m.
Ticket prices start at $90 plus applicable fees and re available exclusively through Ticketmaster.
• George Lopez July 22, 2017: Comedian George Lopez will perform at the Silver Creek Event Center. Show time: 9 p.m. Eastern. Ticket prices start at $75 plus applicable fees and are exclusively available through the Ticketmaster.
• Sarah Evans July 29, 2017: Country star, author and philanthropist Sara Evans will perform at the Silver Creek Event Center. Show time: 9 p.m. Eastern. Ticket prices start at $40 plus applicable fees and are exclusively available through the Ticketmaster.
• Happy Together Tour August 11, 2017: The 'Happy Together Tour' will make a stop at the Silver Creek Event Center. Show time: 8 p.m. Eastern. Ticket prices start at $50 plus applicable fees and are exclusively available through the Ticketmaster.
• Donald Fagen and The Nightflyers August 26, 2017: Donald Fagen and The Nightflyers will perform at the Silver Creek Event Center. Show time: 9 p.m. Eastern. Ticket prices start at $89 plus applicable fees and are exclusively available through the Ticketmaster.
• The Wall Theatrical Extravaganza September 1, 2017: The Wall Theatrical Extravaganza: “A Floydian Spectacle” will perform at the Silver Creek® Event Center. Showtime: 9 p.m. Ticket prices for the show start at $20 plus applicable fees and are available exclusively through Ticketmaster®.
• Theresa Caputo September 2, 2017: Theresa Caputo will make a stop at the Silver Creek Event Center. Show time: 9 p.m. Eastern. Ticket prices start at $100 plus applicable fees and are exclusively available through the Ticketmaster. Purchasing a ticket does not guarantee a reading.
• Huey Lewis & The News September 8, 2016: Huey Lewis & The News will perform the Silver Creek® Event Center. Show time: 9 p.m. Eastern. Ticket prices start at $70 plus applicable fees and are exclusively available through the Ticketmaster.
• ZZ Top September 22, 2017: ZZ Top will perform at the Silver Creek Event Center. Showtime 9 p.m. Ticket prices for the show start at $65 plus applicable fees and are available exclusively through Ticketmaster.
• Goodwill Donation Center Goodwill of Southwest Michigan operates a donation center at 601 West Buffalo Street.
Drop off/Collection Hours:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 12:30PM to 5:30PM
Tuesday, Thursday: Closed
Saturday-Sunday: 11:00AM to 4:00PM
• Farmer's Market Open 7 days a week 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. May - October bringing a complete array of fresh produce from local farms! Located at 910 W Buffalo St (Next to Promeny Café | Across from Rios)
• Kids Beach Camps June 26 - August 4, 2017: Third Coast Surf Shop hosts weekly beach camps for kids ages 8-12 at the New Buffalo Public Beach Monday - Friday, 8-noon. Reservations are required. Each 5-Day Camp is $195 for the first child and $165 for each additional child. For reservations and details, call (269) 932-4575 or visit ThirdCoastSurfShop.com
Note: While NewBuffalo.com makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of this data, we cannot be held responsible for changes in dates, venues, etc.